Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do you keep your Pop?

Packaging or no packaging?

• Total voters

mechaman

Reaction score
Are you the kind of person who just rips open the packaging to display your pops proudly on your shelf? Do you play with them? Or are you a collector who keeps them all pristine in the package, untouched. How do you look after them? Do you clean them? Tell me all about it below :)

rz3300

Reaction score
Well I always tell myself that I should get some fun out of them and enjoy them while I have them, but there is something deep within me that will just not let it happen. I turn into my cheap self and I must keep it nice and preserved in the box. Maybe someday I will let loose though @mechaman - but it has yet to happen. There is one immediate upside, though, and that is that the storage is a little easier when they are in the box.

ThesePretzels

Reaction score
One of the endearing things about Pops is that they can be displayed in the box, I keep most in the box but a few are free to roam. I've just accepted that open ones are going to be man handled by visitors if they're left out, and that's okay as long as it's not all of them.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind taking my Pop Vinyls out of their casing, but I honestly like the look of the figurines remaining in the box. The boxes are unique and have a way of looking presentable without removing the figurine. The portraits of the characters to the left of the box help with the presentation. All of the character's information is displayed on the front- in clear, bold font. It just makes sense to keep them in the box for display. It helps when guests have questions about the characters as well. :)

Steamroll

Reaction score
I will Take it out and keep the box nice for later. I don't see reason to keep your Pop inside the box, It is meant for display, also you would have to wait like fifty years to sell it to collectionist for a hefty price if you are keeping them for that purpose. I like the box design also and for me is just a waste to dispose of it when I can store my Pop there If I'm going to move to another place or just give away to a relative or something.

Becca

Reaction score
Mine are still in the box as of now, but I may take them out and display them sometime soon! I got a new desk recently with some nice shelving on top, so I may place them along the top..of course that just means I need to add to my collection, because there's a lot of room up on that shelf. :)

mechaman

Reaction score
Interesting, it seems most people prefer to keep them in the box. Given the reasons, It makes good sense to keep them in a box. But I will also enjoy them!! If I take them out I will keep that box handy. And if the nieces and nephews are coming over?! HIDE THEM lol. Thanks for your input everyone!

JadeVengeance

Reaction score
I take my figures out of the boxes and display the figurines in my bedroom but I do keep the boxes. I like to have a little nerd corner in my room consisting of my Game of Thrones, Marvel and Star Wars things. It's my own space in my room decorated with what I love and cherish most in life.

mandaleepandalecki

Reaction score
I am scared to let mine out of the box because I have cats and because I don't want them to get dusty. I've taken them all out of the boxes to see what they're like, but I put them right back in the boxes. My little cousins conned me into playing with mine and ended up scuffing my Dean Winchester pop. I've considered taking them out and displaying them on the box.

amelia88

Reaction score
I'm a half and half kind of girl. Some of the ones I have, I keep in their boxes - I guess to me they are the more prestigious ones to me. Others though, I have on display on my work desk, and even on shelves in my room! I think they're too cute to store away all of them!

ambersroses81

Reaction score
I'm pretty bad on the collectors front, I take them out of the box and throw the box away. I like the way they look out of the box on display. I have never liked the way things look displayed in boxes. It's just a personal preference of mine.

OutOfSpoons

Reaction score
The package isn't very important to me, I just take them right out and display them on my computer desk. I know that it's a good idea to keep the box and stuff, but I just can't be bothered really. I don't plan on ever reselling my Pops anyways. Besides, keeping them in the box would just take up too much space.

SpikeMcCain

Reaction score
I just collect them because I think they look cool. I may end up getting the Dark Crystal set and keeping them in the box. I think that some of them will end up being much more rare like anything else and we won't know for a long time which ones those are going to be. Keeping them in the box and as nice as possible will always deem more resale value, but I'd rather find that one really kick ass one and glue it to the hood of my car.

Pixie_Dust

Reaction score
I definitely take mine out of the box and put them on display (I do keep the box though). My collections is not that big, so maybe that's why I take them out. I have few shelves where I store them. But I'm absolutely fine with people coming and looking at them and taking tehm. The figures're made to have fun but what fun can be without touching?

Joel7050

Reaction score
I put all my pops, and basically everything I collect in general, displayed neatly on a shelf. It has a glass cover that I keep sparkling clean and is at eye level or below. I'm able to easily view my nice collection. The shelf isn't too deep inwards such that figures at chest level are out of sight. The glass covering prevents most dust from entering, so I only need to clean them once a year!

GimmeFunkoNow!

Reaction score
It really depends on the Pop for me. Rare ones, I leave in the box. Others, I take out for display and keep the box for later.

anahbello1206

Reaction score
When for my collections I would like to leave it in the package and display it. So that it will avoid getting dirty and also to avoid children from playing with it and destroying it.

mharzenas

Reaction score
I prefer to unbox them and put it into a proper cabinet. I is a little bit effort consume because you will clean the dust regularly but I will show the true beauty of the pops if you show them full design.

mharzenas

Reaction score
Mine are still in the box as of now, but I may take them out and display them sometime soon! I got a new desk recently with some nice shelving on top, so I may place them along the top..of course that just means I need to add to my collection, because there's a lot of room up on that shelf. :)
I Think you have a huge collection in your shelves now?. I wonder If I could collect dozen of it also.

Top Bottom